All In-Person Events Stopped
Because of the COVID-19 situation, all in-person programmes are suspended.
Please stay connected with us on Facebook and through the CDF Radio. We are conducting lots of online and recorded programmes there. And Monks in the Morning Podcast will continue to have new episodes.
When: Every Poya-day national holiday (see below)
Time: 7.00 am to 4 pm
For: Children 7-12 years old (NOTE: There are two adult/youth programs happening at the same time in the same venue, one in Sinhala and one in English.)
Language: English Medium
Where: Charted Institute of Personnel Management Meeting Hall
No. 43 Vijaya Kumaranathunga Mawatha, Colombo 05.
Friday, January 10, 2020
Saturday, February 08, 2020
Monday, March 09, 2020
Tuesday, April 07, 2020
Thursday, May 07, 2020
- NEW! Sinhala Dhamma talks will be given for parents in a separate room.
- A separate Dhamma program is conducted for adults in English medium, at the same venue from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Participation is free of charge and lunch and refreshments are provided.
- The program is conducted by venerable monks of Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monasteries.
- Never been to one of our activities? Find out what to expect.
7.00 am – Going refuge to Triple Gem, Kiripidu Puja and observing eight precepts
8.00 am – Dhamma sermon
9.15 am – Break & Announcements
09.30 am – Guided Meditation
10.00 am – Dhamma Discussion
10.30 am – Preparation for Buddha puja and introducing the Dhamma books in the library
10.45 am – Buddha puja
11.00 am – Lunch dana
12.15 pm – Sharing merits, announcements and chanting a sutta
01.00 pm – Dhamma sermon
02.15 pm – 5 mins break
02.20 pm – Guided & Silent Meditation
02.50 pm – Tea Break
03.00 pm – Dhamma discussion
03.50 pm – Conclusion & blessings
04.00 pm – Clean up
- Gratitude to parents
- Important English Dhamma vocabulary such as contentment, renunciation, rebirth, detachment, gratitude, etc
- Meaning of vandana, pirit, and puja chanting
- Sila, Buddhist Ethics and precepts
- Meditation, including breathing, metta Bhavana, and Buddhanussati among others
- Life of the Buddha
- Specific understanding of how suffering arises in life and solutions to overcome
- Real meaning of Buddhist holidays
- Lives of the great disciples
- Advanced topics such as pancupadanakhanda, ayatana, paticcassamupada, dhatu, etc. in age appropriate fashion
- Books of Sutta Pitaka and organization
- History of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
The greatest gift you can give to your children is the gift of Dhamma. As we prepare our children for life in an ever-more connected global world, it is important that we connect them with their greatest inheritance as Sri Lankans: the liberating teachings of Gautama Buddha. Learn how you can help your children succeed.