📅 When: Every Sunday
⏱️ Time: 7:30 pm – 9:05 pm (SL Time)
🌐 Meeting ID: 681 200 1000 | Password: Shared via WhatsApp Group
🧎 For: Children (above 7 years)
🎤 Medium: English
💰 Cost: Free
Children will learn the Buddha’s teachings week by week, increasing their understanding and their faith (shraddha). They will have the chance to learn and practice meditation, ask questions from monks and share their good deeds. Parents are encouraged to stay and listen so they can discuss with their children.
The program is conducted by venerable monks of Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monasteries.
We kindly request you to fill this form to register your child to our Online Dhamma Program and to be added to our WhatsApp group for Dhamma content and updates regarding our programs.
🔊 To Receive Updates
Please be aware that before accepting the WhatsApp group requests, we will review the registration document. So, kindly fill out the registration form as well.
🌐 Meeting Information
Meeting ID: 681 200 1000 | Password: Shared via WhatsApp Group
Please ensure your children FOLLOW these simple but mandatory guidelines during their online Dhamma School to ensure the program goes smoothly
💻 Zoom Guidelines
⏱️ International Start Times
|U.A.E & Oman
|Kuwait & Qatar
📝 Program Schedule
|Going refuge to Triple Gem and observing five precepts & Paritta Chanting
|Dhamma Sermon (Talk on the Buddha’s Teachings)
|Sharing good deeds done by the kids
|Blessings & Conclusion
️ ℹ️ Children below the age of 7 could participate with their parents.
ℹ️ Teenagers 15 years and older can also start attending Dhamma programmes for adults called Youth Round-Up
💻 Previous Online Dhamma Programs
You can checkout the whole playlist on YouTube.
❓Frequently Asked Questions
There are no books needed for class. All material will be provided. However, we do highly recommend a notebook dedicated for the kids program.
We also recommend that you have a copy of our Paritta Chanting Book.
- Gratitude to parents
- Important English Dhamma vocabulary such as contentment, renunciation, rebirth, detachment, gratitude, etc
- Meaning of vandana, pirit, and puja chanting
- Sila, Buddhist Ethics and precepts
- Meditation, including breathing, metta bhavana, and Buddhanussati among others
- Life of the Buddha
- Specific understanding of how suffering arises in life and solutions to overcome
- Real meaning of Buddhist holidays
- Lives of the great arahant disciples
- Advanced topics such as pancupadanakhanda, ayatana, paticcasamupada, dhatu, etc. in age appropriate fashion
- Books of Sutta Pitaka and organization
- History of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
We always receive positive feedback from parents regarding their children’s enthusiasm about attending our Kids Dhamma Program with CDF. The monks who teach the class have worked with kids for many years and know how to teach Dhamma to kids in a way that is both understandable and meaningful to their lives. If they understand and see how the Dhamma applies to their own lives, then they always want to learn more.