Learning to let go & Danger of not being Mindful
Finding a low-stress job may be difficult or impossible for many people. A more realistic choice would be handled with issues with the wise strategies taught by the Buddha to reduce stress at work.
The types of problems at work
- Physical Discomfort
- Multi Tasking
- Some people get stressed just by thinking about the work they have to do or responsibilities.
- Then women could have more stress at work.
- Fed Up With Your Difficult Co-Workers?
- Co-worker has taken credit for all of your hard work again.
- You’ve made a major mistake
- You’re overwhelmed with work
- The job you have is different from the one you applied for
- You get a bad performance review
Folks were taught about Kamma to understand that even if the co-workers get the credit
- Giving up harmful attachment for things in life
- Performing duties not for the sake of receiving praise
- We should abandon the desire to be praised. Then a lot of problems are solved
- Knowing that helping people is a good Kamma
- For most of the problems
- Learning to let go
- Being mindful by knowing the things that distract the mind-objects
AN 9.64 Nivarana Sutta
This Sutta was taught to recognize the five things that distract our mind and find peace and happiness by dealing them with a confident mind-objects
“Monks, there are these five hindrances. Which five? Sensual desire as a hindrance, ill will as a hindrance, sloth & drowsiness as a hindrance, restlessness & anxiety as a hindrance, and doubts as a hindrance. These are the five hindrances.AN 9.64 Nivarana Sutta
Lot of people do not know that their happiness is taken away by the five hindrances, therefore people end up developing them without recognizing the real cause for suffering and will put the blame on others for the suffering that you experience.
And also, to control the lustful thoughts in the mind, Asubha meditation was practiced.
Join us on Wednesdays @ 6.30pm to continue learning .
Get details on the next program, Meditate after Work @ Bambalapitiya